Estate Dispersal and Closure
The loss of a family member or loved one is always difficult, whether anticipated or sudden, and whether family members live close by or far way. While there are certain aspects we can’t handle, we can help with the removal of personal belongings and the complete shutdown of an established house.
Working under the direction of family members, attorneys or trust officers, we are prepared to organize and distribute the estate according to your wishes and can handle the entire process or just certain aspects, whatever works within your family wishes and budget.
These are some of the services we offer:
- If family members want certain items, we can box and ship or contact movers for larger items.
- Sorting through household and remaining personal items, readying them for donation, sale, recycling or disposal. We’re diligent about being environmentally conscious and keeping as much as possible out of the landfill.
- If there are specific charities or organizations that we’ve been made aware of, we will contact them and be sure to honor the family’s wishes.
- When appropriate, arrange and prepare for an on-line auction. We use the services of MAXSOLD. This includes sorting and arranging items into lots, photographing and writing descriptions.
- When appropriate, have the property cleaned and ready for sale for the realtor. We’re often able to stage the property using the existing furnishings.
- If needed, we can assist in the recommendation and/or selection of a realtor. We do not accept any remuneration from them, and our complete responsibility is to you, our client.
- If needed, we can stay in communication with the realtor until the property is sold, to assure a smooth transaction.
There are a few things we DO NOT handle, but we will do our best to assist you in a referral:
- Disposal of prescription medication
- Writing of checks or handling of client funds
- Sale or removal of motor vehicles